I hope you’re having a fantastic morning so far and getting as pumped for the weekend as I am. I have decided to start a new series on my blog dedicated just for my brides and future #jessbrides so y’all can be as educated as possible on all things wedding & engagement session related. I’m going to start categorizing these posts into the “tips for jess brides” category on my blog, as well as hash-tagging simple and quick tips on Instagram with #tipsforjessbrides. Hopefully these little tips throughout your wedding day process will inspire you and take a little stress off of your busy minds.
Without further adieu, the first tip that I want to share with y’all has to do with your wedding day (because that’s what we’re all here for, right?). Planning a wedding can be so hectic at times and when it comes down to the last few weeks before your wedding, little things here and there get forgotten which can be so misfortunate on your big day! With that being said, I’ve put together a list for your wonderful souls to have and check over the few days before your big day!
Things not to forget for your wedding day and to please, please, please have in the bridal suite with you:
• Your dress (no brainer!)
• Your engagement ring
• BOTH of the wedding bands, please & thank you!
• A FULL invitation suite (envelopes, RSVP card, etc. ie. the whole shebang)
• Flowers, flowers, flowers!! Please have your bouquets delivered to the getting ready suite & have the boutonnieres delivered to the men. Being able to have the bridal bouquet when styling details allows me to include all of the biggest elements together and it plays such an important (and beautiful) role!
• Your shoes!
• Bridesmaids/groomsmen gifts
• Your robes!
• Your special wedding day hangers. I just love those cute hangers that say “Mrs. –insert new last name here-” on them! It’s even cuter when the bridesmaids have ones for them too! Calligraphy or wire, they’re both beautiful.
• Any jewelry you’re wearing. This includes earrings, necklaces, belts for your dress, bracelets, heirloom pins, alma mater pins, sorority pins, hair pieces, the whole nine yards, ladies.
• A gorgeous perfume bottle with the perfume that you plan on wearing. Nothing is more elegant and classic than photographing you putting on that perfume right before you’re about to see your man!
• Ribbon that goes with the theme of your wedding (this is optional, but always helps when styling your details!)
• Lipstick that you plan on wearing
• The special ring box that you keep your engagement ring in. So many brides love “The Mrs. Box” or even hand-crafted boxes like these!
• Notes you wrote for each other to read
• Your garter
• Your veil! AHH! I love nothing more than a lot of tulle or a cathedral veil!! YES to tulle!
• Your vows written in a special book!
• Any gifts you plan on giving to mom or dad
• CHAMPAGNE! Let’s toast ladies – you’re getting married!!
• Any special favors you’re giving out to your guests at the end of the night!
• For the guys: Don’t forget your suits, cuff links, ties, shoes, socks, watch, cologne, boutonnieres, and groomsmen gifts!
Is there anything I left off of this list that you would like to see added? Feel free to drop a comment below or shoot me an email at email@example.com!