Today's blog post is all about why you should make sure your wedding package includes an engagement session! Engagement sessions have many perks for the bride, but they also do for the photographer. Let me tell you why...
1) It helps the photographer and the couple get to know one another better. There's nothing worse than showing up to a wedding day not knowing a single thing about the bride and groom other than what they filled out in the questionnaire. Plus, this helps you avoid awkward situations like saying "Hey there sir, why don't you give your gorgeous wife a big smooch?" and they're not even married...
2) It helps you understand how the photographer is going to work with you. Some people are shy. Some people are bold. Some people are fast. And some people are slow. An engagement session helps you understand how your photographer is going to work with you on your wedding day, so this will even help you plan out your timeline better.
3) It allows the couple to talk to the photographer about their story. When the couple is able to talk to the photographer in a calm and non-stressed environment, it allows them time to open up. Being able to know your love story will more than help your photographer prepare for your wedding day. This will help them know some extra things to look for on the day that an average person would miss.
4) It allows you to be more comfortable in front of the camera with your photographer. As it has been said time and time again, not everyone can perfect walking in front of a camera and knocking it out of the ball park. The engagement session allows you to understand the photographer when they explain their posing, and it allows you to practice posing for your big day. This will make you feel much more comfortable on your wedding day and you won't stress about the silly little things.
5) It allows the couple to specialize their session to themselves. All couples are not the same and this allows them to create a story through photos about their love story. Whether it is going to a baseball field that they are fans of, a museum, a picnic, or even bringing their fur-babies, no one else will have the same type of engagement session. Everyone's love story is different.
I hope this gave you a little insight on why you shouldn't "pass" on an engagement session with your photographer and why it is such a big deal! These are my top 5 reasons why I believe in engagement sessions, but there are plenty more where that came from. This is why all engagement sessions come with my wedding packages and are my gift to you!